Thursday, June 19, 2008

Candidacy in Colorado

We are now in Dever, CO attending candidacy for me to join Cadence International.

It has been challenging because of how tired we are from mono, as well as emotionally draining esp. for me, but one of the things I love about Cadence is how open and honest and vulnerable these people are. They are broken people who aren't afraid to admit it. They have been through so much, yet now they are here, serving God and loving His other broken people--one of them being me. One of their 'Core Values' is transparency--they want you to be open with where you are and how you are, regardless of how ugly that may be. I feel like I have talked and shared more then I ever have in my whole life.

These are a few of the people who have meant a lot to me. (I found some old pictures of them on the Cadence website =))

1 comment:

Rick said...

Hey Heike, you are very special to Paula and me, too!

Keep saying stuff like this, or else I'll publish that picture I have of you & Doug!

Rick